Yesterday I started with first exercises about Joseki of the http://www.321go.org curriculum…
(Rec.: See two examples of Josekis here: http://online-go.com/puzzle/211 and http://online-go.com/puzzle/212 )
Nick Sibicky’s teaching videos (see list in bottom) gave me the impulse as he mentioned that with the upgrade rank from DDK (10kyu) to SDK (9kyu) a player should study consequently some basic Josekis.
Here I like to share some sources to study Joseki with. If you have other sources, feel free to post them in following, pls.
– For all [SanRenSei players] a must 🙂 “Enclosure Josekis – Attacking and Defending the Corners“, written by [Masaki Takemiya]
– Another book series is “Modern Joeski and Fueski” with “Parallel Joseki” (Volume 1) written by [Sakata Eio]
– “Elementary GO Series” has 38 Basic Joeskis in Volume 2, written by *Kiyoshi Kosugi*
– There is an update and rewritten version of Ishida’s JOseki dictionary, it is called “21st Century Dictionary of Basic Joseki” written by [Takao Shinji]
(Rec.: The British Go Association has a review of this as PDF.. http://www.britgo.org/files/review/21st-Century-final.pdf )
– New Moves written by Alexander Dinerchtein and An Younggil
(Rec.: A review of this as PDF… http://www.slateandshell.com/pdf/New%20Moves.pdf )
– Last I found is the Get strong at… series Volume 2-4: Get strong at Joseki written by [Richard Bozulich] and [Furuyama Kazunari]
Software based studies…
For offline studies exist a bigger SGF (1.3 MB) for free download. Its [Kogo’s Joseki Dictionary] which is the basis for the online database http://eidogo.com . [Download as ZIP file from here].
Here Nick’s different Joseki videos lectures:
– Go Lecture #6 – MUST KNOW JOSEKI: 4-4
– Go Lecture #20 – MUST KNOW 3-4 High Approach Joseki
– Go Lecture #49 – 3-4 Joseki PAIN low approach
– Go Lecture #71 – 4-4 Joseki Workshop
– Go Lecture #77 – All About 5-4 Joseki
Have fun with playing GO !