The European Go Federation started on 23rd May 2014 the certification of European professional go players.
Background: 16 players will start. They play 6 rounds in a double knock-out system. The first two rounds had been today at Strasbourg, on *23rd May* , round 3 and 4 will be at Amsterdam (*29th May*) and the last two rounds at Vienna (*20th June*).
The first player with straight 4 wins will be certified as the 1st European Go Pro at the Amsterdam tournament and finally in Vienna all players with only one loss will get a chance to become the 2nd European Go Professional.
Wdabuk has broadcasted on 23rd May top 4 games of round 1 and 2…These top 4 games now available on OGS for reviewing, see following posting/comment.
(Source: http://eurogofed.org/proqualification )
4 games of 23rd May for reviews available:
1. Pavol Lisy (7D,SK) vs 16-Benjamin Teuber (6D,DE)… Result: WHITE WINS BY RESIGN!
2. Cornel Burzo (6D,RO) vs 15-Juri Kuronen (6D,FI)… Result: BLACK WINS BY TIME!
3. Csaba Mero (6D,HU) vs 14-Dusan Mitic (6D,RS)… Result: WHITE WINS BY TIME!
4. Thomas Debarre (6D,FR) vs Lukáš Podpera (6D,CZ)… Result: BLACK WINS BY RESIGN!
shortly a very interesting review by Francis Meyer (1p of Kansai-Kiin) on KGS.
The game had been played within the EDO period (1603-1867)
– white: Honinbo Dosaku (1645–1702) , GO professional (9D)
– black: Yasui Chitetsu (1644-1700), 7D